7 yr old can't stick his tongue out due to extra skin. Any problem in future?

My son is 7 year s old and we noticed he can t stick his tongue out because of the extra skin under his tongue. It has not obscured eating or speech in fact my son loves too sing! I am concerned this may effect him when he is older when he gets married. Will it effect him being able to kiss later on? Is it better to get it taken care of as a child rather than as an adult?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Dear Mum

It is important to know if there is any speech difficulty especially with some alphabets like 'T', P and L. If there is a significant tongue tie, leading to difficulty in protruding the tongue, it needs to be evaluated by a pedaitric surgeon. If there is forking of the tongue due to a tight attachment, it needs to be released. It is much better and easier to treat in the small child compared to an adult. THe majority of tongue ties do not need surgery but the severe ones will be benefited from a procedure.

Dr Antony Robert C
Consultant Pediatric surgeon
Columbia asia hospitals
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Sagar Mhatre's  Response
What you mention it seems as tongue Tie,
It is treated by small surgery,
You have to get opinion from Pediatric surgeon.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish a speedy recovery for your kid.