7 year old with severe fatigue, cough. Had high temperature and vomiting. What is the reason?

My 7 year old son has an esr of 80. He s been generally tired and not his usual self for around 3 months so we took him to docotr who ran the blood tests. he s caught every bug that s going - he had a temperature and was poorly 8 days before the blood test was taken and he s since had a vomtting bug too. back in November he had a bad head cold and still coughs occassionally. We were sent for a chest xray but this seems to be clear. Doctor is repeating blood next week - but what could it be??
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013