thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.
I read clinical history of your son who had already being operated for his tonsils and adenoids
about three years back now since may 2012 he had 3 episodes of ear ache
and ear infection
. As you said that your child got response to conservative treatment in the form of antibiotic ear drops. Now I am suspecting for two possibilities in your son-
(1) He may having perforation in his ear drum and therefore infection reaches through perforation into middle ear which give rise to ear discharge
(2) He may be having sinusitis
thus time to time infection comes to throat and from here it passes to ear via Eustachian tube.
To manage this few basic investigations are necessary.-
(1) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses
(2) C.T.scan of left ear.
(3) culture and sensitivity of ear pus.
(4) Audiometery- Pure tone & Impedance.
(5) X-Ray chest - P.A. view.
(6) blood - CBC, ESR
, blood sugar- F & P.P., Serum creatinin.
(7) Urine R & M.
In this way one can find out real pathology responsible for recurrent middle ear infection and their co-relation with clinical findings as obtained by thorough examination one plan for correct treatment.