7 year old suffer from abdominal pain. On zyrtec and pulmicort. Is the pain due to side effect?

My seven year old son has been complaining of abdominal pain for the past three days. It comes and goes usually mid-day and before he goes to bed. He was on Zyrtec once a day since the beginning of April and started Pulmicort this past Friday. Stopped both medications this Sunday when I read that one major side effect for both meds is abdominal pain. How long does it take for the body to get rid of the medication(s)? Should I have his dr see him or give him another day to flush it out of his system?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013