7 year old having enlarged rib cage. Diagnosed with anemia. What are the further tests to be done?

I will start by thanking you. Actually I have a seven year old kid (girl) and I have realised that she has a hard distended tommy. Eventhough I talk of tommy, I have the impression its more of an enlarged rib cage. She is a naturally calm(I think) person and don t very much play like her friends of her age but would rather sit infront of the tv watching cartoons. She was born normally and weighed 3kgs but from her first anniversary she barely has the wieght for her age. She was diagnosed of anaemia last august. Eventhough I m very much aware of the fact that she needs further examination I don t have the courage to do so.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012