We need to understand few things about children. All children will get some infection once in 6 to 8 weeks. Frequent infection is once a month, which affects the child's routine. These children are divided into two groups. One natural infection. Your child will be going to school and the child will be getting the infection from there. In a fruit basket if one fruit gets spoiled, it will spread to other fruits. In the same way if one child in a class gets a cold
then it will spread to others.
Other group is due to illness: 1. allergy
: Allergy could be due to dust or the surroundings
2. Infections: could be ordinary infections or rarely tuberculosis
3. Structural problems like some thing wrong in the chest or her hemoglobin
level being low.
As far as tonsils are concerned thing it as a large net. If the milk is full of fat, we strain it with a net, because, we want to avoid the fat raising our cholesterol
. Similarly tonsils filter the dirt which have entered through the nose and throat. As the doctor has correctly said we need not do any surgery.
From your side
1. Ask the child to keep washing the hands
2. Use only boiled and cooled water
3. Outside food not be given frequently
As far as to raise immunity
1. Give greens, ragi, Jaggerry
2. Once in six months deworm the child
Above all monitor the growth
If the childs weight is between 20 to 22kilos and height is between 111 to 118 there should not be any thing serious
best wishes for the childs future