7 weeks pregnant, on lungcaire dietary supplement, stopped, coughing. Safe to continue medication?

Hello, I am XXXXXXXX 37 year old and 7 weeks pregnant, i am a lungcaire dietary supplement user but i just stopped it because am not sure if it can affect the baby in my womb. Now i have mild and hard cough , maybe my health is looking for lungcaire dietary food supplement.question: Is it safe to take it or not? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello gwen,
The supplement that you talk about has about 20 ingredients, all of which have not been subjected to scientific research whether they are safe for use in pregnancy. Its possible that a few of these ingredients are not safe in pregnancy. Whenever there is a doubt about the several hundred ingredients which may exist is flowers, roots, herbs and their safety profile it is better to avoid them during pregnancy.

As a general principle, consume only what your doctor advises and don't consume anything unnecessarily especially during first 3 months of pregnancy.

You seem to feel ill after stopping this. May i suggest that you take moderate amounts of local, seasonal foods every 2 hourly instead of this supplement unless they clearly state on their label that it is safe in pregnancy. You could also visit the company's forum with your specific question about this multi-ingredient supplement.
Your cough cannot be caused because you stopped this. Visit your doctor to have the cough and chest examination and please don't take anything without your doctor's advice.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health...