7 weeks pregnant. Prescribed folic acid, duphaston to avoid miscarriage. Safe to take?

Dear doctor, I am 27 years old,7 weeks pregnant.(First pregnancy) My cycles were regular and I have no health issues, but on my first visit to the OB/Gyn she prescribed folic acid tablets and DUPHASTONE .she told it is to avoid miscarriage .Why am I asked to take it? I had an ultrasound too and everything was absolutely normal.Baby s heartbeat was also detectable. I have no morning sickness ,I am tired all the time. Will you please give me an advise?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012