7 months old, weight 6.05 kg has delayed physical development, having fever. Advised Cepodem. Is it safe ?

My son is 7mths old and weight is 6.05 kg. As per the doc. his physical development is delayed and now he is having fever . so we had done his CBC counts. In report his Total Leucocyte count increased to 0000 while other (Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Eosinophils, Monocytes etc are in the normal range. Doc prescribed Syp. CEPODEM 3.5ML twice a day . Is it safe to give this medicine. and doc also advice Physio Therapy for my child.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012