7 months old baby suffering with chesty and diarrhea. Which kind of treatment will help to cure ?

My 7 month old has always been chesty, 2 different doctors at my gp practice have said chest is clear he may just have a cold, his chest is constantly rattling, some days worse than others, and then 3 weeks ago he had diarreoh and coughing fits vomiting up his whole feed for 4 days with a temp of 39.4degrees, so we went out of hours doctors at the hospital where they prescribed nurofen carpol, and antibiotics because he sounded chesty and they didn t want to risk it turning into pneumonia , 2days later I returned to my usual gp because he was still sick/diarreoh and was not having wet nappies and he listened to his chest again and said take him off the antibiotics there s nothing wrong with his chest and its just making his diarreoh worse, and just give him diarolite to prevent dehydration. He seemed to just be getting himself better but Now 3weeks later the loud chesty rattling noise is back with an on/off temp of 38degrees and has started coughing again causing him to projectile vomit his milk up again...?.
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011