7 month old refusing solids, taking solids since 5 months. Reason for concern ?

I have a 7mth old baby who has been eating solids very well since 5mths old. However she has started to refuse solids of all kinds for the last 2 weeks, She closes her mouth, turns her head, even moves her whole body around if she can. Why may she be doing this? She is still bf. Also she has started producing very smelly gas and pooh. Is this any reason for concern?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012

Thank you for your query.

It is very common for babies to refuse accepting meals for some time. This is compounded by forceful feeding by the care givers. Let feeding times be relaxing and fun. I suggest offer the solid meals to your daughter at regular intervals and do not force her to eat. In a day or so you will find that she will start accepting the meals. Encourage her to put snacks in her mouth herself.

There is no need to worry about the stools and the smell. It shall keep changing very frequently. Just ensure that she does not have diarrhoea.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.