7 month old child, running nose, cough. Taking crocin, alex-p. Medication safe to take?

Hello Doctors, i have a 7 month baby boy. He s been down with a runny nose and bad cough since yesterday, i gave him Infant Crocin thrice since yesterday as per the doc s instruction however his cold became worse today so he s now taken a single dose of alex-p as per doc s orders. It seems to be working coz he slept for 3 hours at a stretch and is breathing comfortably without any coughing too. However, my question is; is this too strong for him Since it s worked in hours?? Please advice. I ve been told to give him 2.5ml thrice a day for 3 days
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012