7 month old child, quiver in bottom lip, blue discolouration. Medical attention required?

My daughter is 7 months old and when she wakes up her bottom lip quivers. It only lasts for a couple of minutes but don t know if it s something I should be concerned with. It does not seem to bother her but it makes me nervous. Also once or twice her bottom lip seemed to have a little blue color. What could cause this and should I take her to her pediatrician?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Slight quivering of lips may be normal in babies. If her development is normal you need not worry. Bluish discoloration of lips is usually due to heart problem. But it is unlikely to affect only lower lip. Perhaps you are over anxious. If she is feeding well and gaining weight normally I do not think there is any problem. You can show her to your pediatrician during next visit and tell him about these things. If he has any doubt he will take a cardiologist/s opinion.