7 month old child, fever, vomiting, wheezing. Strep, roda virus test negative. Causes?

Hi my name is XXXX, I have a 7 month old son and about three weeks ago he became ill. The first week Monday night he began throwing up then also Tuesday morning he threw up. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was sent home with a fever from daycare. It continued through Saturday, he was throwing up, fever of about 101.3, would not eat, diarriah, pulling at ears. Sunday he seemed better and then again on Monday he was sent home with a fever from daycare. While he wasn t eating I tried pedialyte to keep him hydrated but he wouldnt take it and also tylenol to break the fever but it would not. Tuesday I took him to his doctor and she said he had a very red swollen throat and he was tested for strep and roda virus but were both negative. She said if it was a virus he would just have to fight it through. He seemed to start feeling better, eating more, and fever went down through out the week. Early Saturday morning he threw up again, it is now Tuesday night and he has a ton of chest congestion with a horrible cough and he cries everytime he coughs. I had trouble getting him to eat once again and he was very warm. He has alot of wheezing when he breathes I have a warm vicks humidifier in his room and I was wondering if I should take him back to his doctor or if he could have something serious.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012