7 month old child, breastfeeding, heavy painful periods. Taking cervasette mini pill, no relief, now started primulat pills. Safe to take?

I have a 7 month old baby, and am breastfeeding . My periods returned when baby 4 months old. My periods are extremely heavy and painful, so bad unable to leave the house really. Doc prescribed Cervasette mini pill to try skip or decrease heavy periods as I am going on holiday shortly on very long haul flights. With Cervasette my period returned 2 weeks after last one started! Just as heavy and painful. So GP prescribed Primulat to combat the heavy bleeding (current period lasting 8 days so far). She knows I am breastfeeding. I have taken 4 primulat pills (2 twice daily), but am worried as the info on the pills say not to take when breastfeeding. What are the side effects? I am planning on breastfeeding at least til baby is 12 months old, and necessary for milk supply not to be affected, particularly as I need to breastfeed when I am away for the 3 weeks too. Please could you help?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012