69yrs old, with diabetes and high BP. Taking Metacard XL, had burning sensation. Is it side effects of tablet?

Hello Doctor ! My query is about my mom who is 69 years old, diabetic patient. Past few days she was suffering from high blood pressure ie around 180/100 or so doctor prescribed Metacard xl with the existing telmisartan 40 mg tablets, both once daily. After taking metacard she felt uncomfortable so we stopped it. now she is compaining of burning sensation in and around chest upto armpit and stomach can you please suggest what is happening with her also the burning sensation happens only after when she goes for walking She never felt the burning in chest ever before taking this metacard xl
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012