65yrs old, bone spur and nerve compression, headache. Pain in right shoulder, numbness in fingers, forearm and upper arm. Need surgery?

I have had nerve compression at c5, 6, 7 and bone spurs for 30 years. My right hand shakes when I type and I do not have adequate control of my fingers. I get severe pain in my right shoulder and numbness and tingling in my middle and index finger and thumb , forearm and upper arm. To top it off I have severe head aches and some times can hardly turn my head. I have had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and 1 ulnar nerve release surgery. I am 65 and want to work another year or two. My doctor say surgery won t help but I just have suffered too log. Am I too old? Could it be too bad for surgery?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012