65 yrs old, had angioplasty with stenting. Swelling in legs, pain in knee. What is the problem ?

I am 65 years old and a heart patient. Have undergone three angioplasties with stenting twice. Taking medicines as prescribed by my Cardiologist . For the past few days there is aswelling of my legs and pain in my left knee . Yesterday my Nephralogist stopped my S-Numlo tablets which had been prescribed by my Cardiologist. I have also been advised a host of blood tests- KFT, LFT, Lipid profile , Thyroid test, P, Na, Sugar fasting . Last weekend I played tennis as usual but at this rate I may have to suspend the game. The swelling and the pain have got me and my wife worried. Please advise on my condition, cause of it ant the chances of a full cure. I am saving my querry till I get my blood examination reports and hope to come back with those. This is the first time I have ventured on a site like this.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013