65 yr old, diagnosed iron deficient anemia, diabetic. Experience heavy weight in chest, breathlessness and palpitations. Worried ?

I am a 65year old male ,relatively fit(I ve weight trained and kept to14st most of my adult life.Last march I was diagnosed iron deficient anaemia aim a tablet controlled diabetic.i then experienced a heavy weight in my chest ,breathlessness and palpitations.I feel unusually lethargic and get very tired.the breathlessness can come on as soon as I wake its all very confusing and worrying as I have always been so fit. Bowel cancer is ruled out ,my lung capacity test was good and a ECG was good HELP
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013