65 years old getting BP fluctuation with lower pulse rate. Looking for advice

My mother is 65 years old and used to have relatively normal to lower BP of 115/65. In the recent months she has been experiencing higher BP in the range of 150/95 which settles down to 125/70. In the last couple of weeks there has been a few incidents of her BP being normal with lower Pulse of around 45. I ve advised her to see a Cardiologist at the earliest for a diagnosis and starting a treatment. In the meantime, I would like to hear from you your opinion and advise.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012