64 yrs old male, suffering from diabetic with blood pressure

My elder brother's age is 64 yrs and is a diabetic insulin-dependent patient. He was taking mixtard 50-50 two times a day (20 units & 18 units).However,he had suffered from minor myocardial infarction 9 months ago due to uncontrolled blood sugar level. Thereafter he has been taking insulins ( novorapid - before breakfast- 8 units & lantus 12 units ), and then before lunch only novorapid 10 units and then before dinner novorapid which varies from 8 units to 14 units as per the evening sugar level followed by 16 units oflantus.Now the sugar level is under control..My brother had done angiography and it showed that there is 50 %-60% heart blockage at 2 locations .2 blocks at right. He doesn't want to go for operation or stenting but he wants to get it treated by medications to remove the blockage of heart. Do medications help in this situation? My elder brother s age is 64 yrs and is a diabetic insulin-dependent patient. He was taking mixtard 50-50 two times a day (20 units & 18 units).However,he had suffered from minor myocardial infarction 9 months ago due to uncontrolled blood sugar level. Thereafter he has been taking insulins ( novorapid - before breakfast- 8 units & lantus 12 units ), and then before lunch only novorapid 10 units and then before dinner novorapid which varies from 8 units to 14 units as per the evening sugar level followed by 16 units oflantus.Now the sugar level is under control..My brother had done angiography and it showed that there is 50 %-60% heart blockage at 2 locations .2 blocks at right. He doesn t want to go for operation or stenting but he wants to get it treated by medications to remove the blockage of heart. Do medications help in this situation? And the second question is that Previoulsy the blood pressure was low like 106/60 but since two weeks the pressure is 152/78 though he is taking Envas 5mg for BP once in the evening everyday followed by clopid 75 mg, ecospirin 75 mg one time daily, metloc 50 (twice daily) ,imdur 60 (once daily), astat 20 (once daily) and one multi-vitamin capsule fortiplex-m (once daily).Is it necessary to increase the dose of some medicines or change the medicines.Whats with the high systolic blood pressure? Please suggest! Regards..
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011