63 years suffering from malabsorption of fat. Should I seek any treatment ?

I am 63 year old man. I am fed up with malabsorbtion of fat. I am not able to eat anything prepared using oil. Eventhough my height is 173 cms, my weight is restricted at 50 KGs, since 40years. The doctors whom I approached, advised me not worry but to feel happy that the unnecessary fat is discharged voluntarily, without getting accumulated in the body. What is your opinion? Should I seek any treatment/medication, now, orkeep quite? Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011