63 years old, cracks in toes of feet, unable to walk, poor vision. History of diabetes. Treatment options?

Hi Doctor, my mother is 63+ 2002 she met with a minute accident wherein she had multiple cracks in leg fingers due to that she stopped walking she need some or other person for assistant....we treated a lot and doctors adviced to walk a lot to exercise purpose but she was scared that she will fall...and now last year we notice that she lost her eye sight completely....may be due to diabetic...we checked her sugar level also all was normal but how this happened we are fail to trace....doctors said that blood in the veins of eyes in that case after operation there is no possibility of regaining vision i ma bring her to XXXX for treatment ....can u suggest how to there any remedy?? Can she walk and she is totally handicap because of these two reasons....please guide me
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012