63 year old, extremely obese, non-diabetic, cholesterol levels normal, breathlessness, prescribed too many tablets. Second opinion?

I am a 63 year old Male and I have been taking BP medicine for 30 years. I am 6 feet tall and extremely obese (130 KG). My life style is sedentary with office work, Till now the medications included Metolar-50 ( BD ) and Depin Retard 20 mg ( BD). Additionally I was prescribed Hytrin 2 mg around 15 years ago for urinal problem. I am a non diabetic and my chlorestrol levels checked regularly are well within limits. Results of January 2012 - Triglycerid 15, SGOT 28 SGPT 21 CREATINE 1.3 Random sugar 70. ECG was normal. With the above My BP was stable and controlled ( 120-135 / 70-80 )for years together with pulse rate varying from 62 to 75 depending upon when medication was taken and activity. I did not have any problem in walking or lifting weights. But over the period of last two months I started having breathlessness which aggravated and now with even a couple of steps I could feel elevated rate and have breathlessness. I met a cardiologist yesterday and was advised the following medication. 1. Dytor Plus 2.5 mg ( morning ); 2. Clopivas A 75 ( morning ); 3. Revulant (BD); 4. Trivedon MR (BD); 5. Metolar 50 (BD); 6. Robonik DSR ( lunch); 7. Cresar 40 ( evening ); 8 Atorsave D 20 ( evening ); 9. Remylin ( night ). 10. Geriflo D In place of Hytrin 2 mg ( night). While I have no doubt on the doctors competency and skill, I never have taken so many medication simultaneously before and will like to seek your expert opinion before going all out and start taking the medication. Regards.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012