61 years old, suddenly passing stools while urinating, no pain or sensation of stool being passed. Treatment?

I am 61 yr old ..sometime when i go to bathroom just to pee .. then I wipe myself there is poop I didn t even feel it come out or know that i had done it .. so now i just go to check my self and sometime i find that i pooped in my underwear.. this happen a lot there is no pain, no feeling as if i need to go poop .. it just in my pants ..and it s not because it soft nomal looking poop when this i hate to go out cause i don t know when or why did happen
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are having bowel incontinence, it could arise due to neuronal issues of the anus, more common in diabetics.
Please approach a surgeon for a local examination and treatment.
Using Loperamide can be of help, please meet your physician with my suggestion

I hope I was of help