6 yr old complaining of stomachache, worst in mornings. What test we need to do ?

Hi, My six year old daughter has been complaining of a stomachache for months now. It comes and goes, but never quite goes away. She rarely reports 0/100 pain (she is a kindergartener and 100 is her largest number). I did take her to our pediatrician who said for us to document incidents of the pain to see whether there is a pattern to it like time of day, certain foods, certain situations etc. We have noticed it appears to be worst in the morning/ on awakening. We do not think t is related to stress about going to school, she loves school, she is very vocal at home and would have said something if she was nervous about going to school. We have tried to eliminate foods that we thought might be causing the pain including milk, oatmeal, cereal, but the pain continues. Should she have more invasive testing now to find out what else might be going on? Our pediatrician thinks this would be the next step.What tests should we get? Thanks for your time and input.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013