6 years old. Vomiting, rash, reflux after eating tomato sauce. What is wrong?

My daughter is 6 years old. She has a history of vomiting easily, strong gag reflex. The past few years she will have days where she will wake up and throw up first thing in the morning or randomly feel sick, throw up and then be fine for the rest of the time. Zofran works really well on her, so often I will give her one, which takes the symptom away...therefore I m not sure if she has no need to vomit or if the meds are working:/ I have also noticed that she has eaten pizza sometime around when she vomits for the past few occurrences. When she was little she would get a rash on her face from tomato sauce with whelps. I also wonder if I am just grasping at straws?! Could she have reflux with acidic foods which is why she is throwing up in the AM or could she have an aversion to tomato sauce or anything to do with celiac stuff?? I just don t think these are 24 bugs/viruses anymore. Please help:)
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. Your observation is commendable that your daughter vomits following a meal of pizza. The corelation with tomato sauce is quite likely. The best course would be to avoid the products containing tomato sauce for a few days and observe if your daughter vomits. In case she does not vomit then you can challenge her with a meal containing tomato sauce and see how she behaves. If she vomits then tomato sauce is the culprit.

I do not see any other reason but an examination by your doctor and discussing with him may throw more light on the repeated vomitings of your daughter.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.