6 year old with soft stools. Taking diet rich in fibers. Not using dairy products. Need advice

Hi, My 6 year old daughter has had soft stools for approx 2 weeks now. She gets the sudden urge to go and has to go immediately or doesn't make it. This can happen anywhere up to 12 times a day. Saw a doctor today who has advised she does not have enough fibre in her diet and has recommended she take Movicol. She has never experienced problems before, and has always been regular. She eats plenty of fruit and vegetable, rice & pasta, meat & cereal. We have not changed anything in the last two weeks. If anything I have eliminated dairy until this passes but feel that it has now gone on to long. I am not confident about the advice we received and would be interested in a second opinion. The chemist refused to let us purchase the Movicol as they advised it is used to treat constipation. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013