6 year old with fever, cough. On penicillin. Persisting fever. What to do?

Hi my 6 year old son developed a temp just under a week ago. It started off with a bit of a cough and temp was high for a couple of days around 40. It slowly went down a bit but the cough worsened and he has been experiencing aggressive coughing fits . The doc put him in penicillin on Monday this week and he has had nearly four days worth of the course. The thing that worries me is his temp is creeping up again now at 38.5 and his feet have been like ice for the past few days. Went back to doc yesterday and she said she couldn t hear anything on his chest so he s fine. Can you advise if you think this is all normal? Should add his cough is still persistent . Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013