6 year old taking deep breaths, feeling a knot in the chest. What would it be?

Hi I m a bit concerned about my nearly 6 year old son... Can t get a doctors app until next week and as it s not an emergancy I m not going to rush him off to A&E! The last couple of weeks he has been taking big deep breaths every minute or so... I really don t think it s asthma related as he is never wheezy and never really gets sick, even the common cold he gets over pretty quickly! He d be just sitting there watching telly or colouring and he has to take deep breaths literally every minute.... When I asked him about it he said he feels like he has a knot in his chest and needs to take a big deep breath?! Any insight into this would be great Thank you :)
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013