6 year old struggling to get attention. Should I be worried?

My six year old seems to be struggling emotionally for my attention. She will often pretend she has a sore tummy (or similar) so I will fuss over her like I had on my other children. I have her, a four year old, two year old and baby, so time is scarce? Is this normal and should I be concerned. I only work three days a week and try my hardest to spread myself between them all.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Your child is asking only what is naturally due for her. The attention of her loved mother.

There is nothing wrong with her behavior. The only problem is the number of kids you had to take care of. Try to give her the maximum time possible.

Even though you may not be spending particular time with her you may show that you are spending time with your kid by talking to her while you are doing some work etc.

Try and remove any stress your kid has by talking to her.

Hope this helps.

Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear
Welcome to HCM
I understand your concern
The reson for your childs behavior is clear from the situton itself
The chile asking for what is supposed to be due to her. Normal.
But your time is scarce, still you attend all of them.
Attention seeking is not a problem to worry about.
Such behavior will die down in the passage of time.
Only worry about that is actul worry
So just ignore it for some time and it will be alright