6 year old, recurring cold and cough. Suspected as asthmatic allergy, put on budercort inhaler. Suggestions?

Dear doctor, my daughter is 6 year old. She was having persistand cold and cough and doctors suspected asthematic allergy. she underwent all the required tests and after that doctors put her on budecort inhaler for 1 year. I came to know that it is a steroid and has many side effects such as weight gain, harmonal problems..Please let me know how safe is it to continue this inhaler for a year and should I give her budecort for such a long period continuously
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013