6 year old having pain in the ear after swimming sessions. Can I give recofast syrup? Need ear drops

My 6 yr old son has ear ache in his left ear. it s probably swimmer s ear as we re all swimming everyday. I have put candibiotic ear drops as I have nothing else at this time of the night. Is recofast syrup also for this as I remember giving it to my 3yr old daughter during an ear infection which she is very prone to? can I give him anything else? should we all use ear plugs while swimming? pls suggest medicines/ear drops.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012