6 year old having abdominal pain above belly button. Stool test showing presence of entamoeba coli. Treated with metronidazole. Further treatment?

Hello Sir, My six yr old son is having abdominal pain above the belly button from last 12 days. Urine culture shows no growth. Stool examination shows : Entamoeba Coli -Present (+), Epithelial Cells - Present a few, Undigestive food part: Present (++). The pain increases after having food. He gets up at night due to pain. He is being treated by pediatrician with Metronidazole from last three days. Is the treatment sufficient or he does need to visit a gastroentrologist. Kindly suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012