6 year old boy having blisters on side of genitals, itching. What could this be?

my son recently had a blister on the side of his genitals. i thought this was the cause of his underware being to tight. i got him new underware and he didnt complain anymore that was about 2 months ago. tonight he came to me and showed me there are more very small blisters along the right side of his genitals and under them. he says they itch and are starting to hurt. he is 6 years old. im not to sure what they could be or if i should see a dr. this is the first time this has occured.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012