6 year daughter, cold, severe pain right ear, tiredness, loss of appetite. Applying ear drops. Treatment?

Hello, my daughter age 6 has had a cold for 9 days. Last night she woke with severe pain in her right ear. I used warm cloths, natural ear drops and then Tylenol for children for the pain. She woke three times and this was repeated through the night, the pain did not seem to go away, she just eventually feel asleep. This morning she is not eating, very tired, sleeping now. Said her ear hurt a little but not like it did. Is this just running its course?

Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013