6 weeks old baby was observed jaundice at birth with unbalanced bilirubin level. How to get out of this symptom ?

Hi, My daughter is of 6 weeks old. she was observed jaundice at birth with bilirubin level11.0(total) 0.9(direct) and doctor said no medication needed. after 4 weeks we met another doctor he again tested blood now the bilirubin levle Total 8.7 and direct is 5.2 he said nothing to worry but use the medicine it will be cured with in 15 days slowly. after using mediceine for 3 days we went to another doctor and he had a blood test again and now the bilirubin levels are total 9.7 and direct 0.9 he suggested photo therapy and to avoid human feed. but the kid is not drinking the milk formula after three days of Photo therapy we tested blood again and now the bulirubin levels are at total 7.8 and direct 5.2 We stopped the photo therapy and continue to human feed. Plz suggest me how serious it is and how to get out of this. Thanks Joy Martin
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011