6 week old baby having dent on back of his head. What could it be?

Hi there, I have a 6 week old baby who was born 3 weeks early and it seems like he has a dent or something on the back of.his head. I have two other children and I have never experienced this before so I was wondering if you could tell me what it might be. He has not fallen on his head and I always change his.sleeping potions.... Hope to her back soon
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
dear maam, first of all, don't get panic. your child is perfectly healthy. and what you are feeling is a normal unformed junction of skull bones called as posterior fontanelle. This is more felt in premature and small for gestation babies. It will resolve by 2 yrs of age. Just don't keep on feeling it . Take care