6 months pregnant, ingested vaginal candid v6 by mistake. Will it harm the foetus?

Hi, yesterday I ingested vaginal candid v6 by mistake. 6 months pregnant. Will my baby be okay? very tensed. don t have a doctor s appointment in 2 weeks. I met the doctor today and didn t realize it was not supposed to be ingested orally. I realized quite late. I heard my baby s heartbeat today when I went to the doctor. Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

Please do not worry. Clotrimazole is a category C drug, meaning that it has shown to be toxic to animal fetuses but those doses have been very very high. You have taken only one tablet. So the dose is not very high.

As of now, once the drug has been ingested we cannot remove it. I suggest that you please keep a watch on the babies movements during the day for a week. If it moves more than 10-5 times in the day then there will not be any issues. If at any times the baby does not mover properly, visit your doctor. Drink plenty of water to flush the drug out of the system as soon as possible.

Please discuss this with your doctor in your next visit.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology