6 month old with pus filled rashes on the scalp. could it be due to milk allergy?

My 6 month old baby has several big pus filled rashes on the right side of his scalp and was quite red. I rang my GP when it started appearing and prescribed hydrocortisone as she thought it could infected cradle cap just merely with my description. she actually didn't see the rashes. I had 3 applications but stopped it as I didn't see any improvement ans was not convince that it was dermatitis or cradle calp as my baby only have very mild dry scalp. What could this be? He had a course of amoxicillin two weeks ago and the rashes appeared 1 week after finishing the course. It's been 5 days now since it appeared and the redness is gone and it seems to be encrusting. Last night i brought my baby to a&e due to possible cow's milk allergy and also showed the rashes to the dr but could not tell what is. My baby was prescribed co-amoxiclav as the dr said it looked infected. He had 3 doses today and looks like new rashes are coming out. What will I do? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013