6 YEARS OLD BOY CHILD SUFFERING FROM AUTISM

I HAVE A 6 YEARS OLD BOY CHILD SUFFERING FROM AUTISM . PL. HELP ME HOW I TREAT THE BOY TO RELEAVE AUTISM.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
Occupational Therapist 's  Response
hi
autism is a disorder not a disease. autism can not be cured, but can be trained.
consult your occupational therapist and developmental pediatrician for training.
autism is a developmental disability where socialization, communication is affected with meaningless behavior.
suggestion: take him to park and make him to play free.
take oil bath weekly once(massaging).
put him in swimming and skating.

follow home program what ever your occupational therapist suggest.

provide him some educational toys.

always use visual effect to teach him.
thank you.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi1
Welcome to healthcaremagic.com.Autism is a behaviorally defined developmental disorder that begins in early childhood that has the following three defining core features:
Problems with social interactions
Impaired verbal and nonverbal communication
A pattern of repetitive behavior with narrow, restricted interests.Autism disorder persists throughout the person's lifetime, although many people are able to learn to control and modify their behavior to some extent.There is no cure for autism. The traditional approach for a child with autism includes special education and behavioral management. There is some evidence that the earlier behavioral, educational, speech, and occupational therapy is begun, the better the long-term outcome. This is often an intensive and long-term commitment, and there is no easy answer. Behavioral treatments, medications, and other treatments may help manage some of the problems associated with autism.

Treatment strategies used in autism include behavioral, educational, biomedical, and complementary therapies. Some of these are supported by scientific studies, while others are not. It is important to discuss with your doctor.