56 yrs old, hypertensive, on medication. Feet getting oedema, advised Amlodepin, Coversyl, BP high. Advise ?

I am a 56 years old male. I have had essential hypertension since my early twenties and been on medication. I was a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force at that time. Now I have a business and hence a sedentary lifestyle . This has been altered from time to time. About a year ago, my feet started getting oedema so my physician stopped Tab Amlodepin 10 and started Tab Coversyl 4 mg. . I was taking a combination of Tab Telma 40 and Tab Coversyl 4 mg. My BP was not getting controlled. He has started me on Tab EritelCH80 once a day since the last two days. My BP is still 160/105 and is not coming down. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012