56 yr old. Had cytomegalic inclusion disease during pregnancy at age 19.`Having herpes now. Due to the virus during pregnancy?

I am 56 years old, had cytomegalic inclusion desease during the first trimester of pregnancy at age 19. My son was born with many dissabilities due to that virus. I recently had a blood test for evrything including STD s. My test showed positive for herpes 2. I have never had any symptoms, outbreaks, or vaginal issues except when i was pregnant at 19, i had a vaginal irratation and itching which dissapeared after 2 day of treatment dr. gave me (cream). Would having that virus cause a positive result for herpes 2
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013