55 year old with painful knees getting worse in cold weather. Arthritis?

Hi, in a general aspect, if a 55 year old woman was having pain in both knees that occurred after kneeling, walking, ar other such activities, or sitting for long periods of time, and in the morning, what could the causes be? Arthritis is definitely an option, but can you tell me some other probable diagnoses? Her knees are stiff and painful and are aggravated as I said, by kneeling, stairs or sitting. Also, it gets worse on cold or humid days. Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013