51 year old have a nodule with pain on the testicle. Family history of cancer in groin area. Should be worried?

My husband 51 years old- says he has a nodule in his left testicle . He also has pain-he thinks it might be a hernia . His father had something cancerous in his groin area about 15 years ago. He received radiation therapy & beat it, however he since has died, not from the cancer but a stroke victim. I made an appt for my husband, do you think because his father had something similiar, my husband could have inherited this also?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013