51 year old female have had a recurring condition at least 8 times so far

I am a 51 year old female. I have had a recurring condition that I ve had for 6 years, and it has occurred at least 8 times so far. I have seen 6 different doctors, and no one has been able to figure out what it is. It starts with flu-like symptoms , such as severe body aches & fever . Then a few hours later I get a huge hive in my butt. It does not look like a rash. It is a huge area that is very red, hot to the touch, and raised, with the appearance of a hive. It gets very painful, because of how swolen it gets. There are no blisters, or infected center. It seems to cover a larger area each time it happens. This last time it almost completely covered both butt cheecks. It usually starts getting lighter a little bit every day, until it is gone. Every time it happens, I go see a GP on the first day that is starts. I cannot see a Dermatoligist because of my insurance. I have to be referred to a dermo, which takes a very long time. By the time the referral is approved, the symptoms are gone. Most of the doctors think it is possibly a hive, and one thought it was Dermatitis. Every time I see a different doctor, they say, Wow, I have never seen anything like this before. I really wish I could find out what it is. My other medical conditions are Reiter s Syndrome, Iritis , Erothema Nodosum, & Migraines. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011