50 years old suffering from rheumarthrities with stiffness and pain in joints

Hi doctor my mom is now 50 and she is suffering from rheumarthrities since 15 plus years and now she cannot withstand pain any more.she has stiffness too in her joints .she has been taking medicines give by different doctors as we were not able to find any suitable doctors, so whoever said we went there but of no use.she has got severe pain in each and every part of her joints.plz plz plz suggest any solution. if possible please give your contact details. thanks bajrang(kolkata)
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for health care magic
well u need to contact some orthopaedician he wil help u more
and have all investigations RA,hb,tlc.esr,uric acid,x ray
u need proper treatment and councelling..very thing will be fine soon

It is important to keep your mother active. She needs to keep motion in all her joints, water activites are good for this since it is not putting pressure on the joints. If any activity causes pain she needs to stop. Yoga is also a good form of activity. Ice is good to reduce swelling also. Consult her primary care doctor before trying these activities.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
RA is a chronic inflammatory disorder requiring long term medications for relief of symptoms. I would advice go to one doctor and have a regular follow up instated of changing doctors frequently. Search for rheumatologist in your area and discuss with them about further management of your mothers condition.
Hope this helps.
Take care..