5 yr old has to take Ritalin for allergies. Is it dangerous to him ?

yes my grand-son 5 years old (ADOPTED) has to take ritalin he also has food allergies we are waiting for the blood test to see which allergies he has we were told he is very good in math but cannot concentrate in reading and writing he also speaks french and understand very well the english language and speaks it .... so we are going to help him he is a beautiful strong boy he also plays hockey end swims .. thank you I want to know if ritalin is dangerous for him .. we are a family well educated so this is going to help him
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013