5 year old with severe sunburn on the face. White spots and patches on the cheeks. Cure?

Three days ago my 5 year old daughter got her face sunburned at school. I applied some Sudocrem n her cheeks, but it got worse and they turned very red and hot. Last night I stopped using anything at all, only flannels with cold water.
Now I notice some white dots on her cheeks, they are not raised, it looks more like a skin discoloration the size of a penny.. And also the colour of her cheeks turned kind of yellow and patchy only where the skin was treated with sunburn lotion and they are rough and dry to the touch.
My question is: is this discoloration temporary or I need to take her to a dermatologist, and is it likely the damaged skin to peel off?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013