5 year old, vomiting, loose motion. Taking enterogermina oral suspension twice a day for 5 days. Correct dose?

my 5 year old daughter had loose motion and vomitting.gave her enterogermina oral suspension twice a day for 5 days and maintained ricebased diet. loose motion has got controlled but giving the same diet.was the dose correct?i have followed my paedietrician's advice but it was prescribed about 7 months back.she is around 28 kg of weight.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Hi
Yes dose is correct.
Probiotics are needed to replinish good bacteria in case if loose motions.
I also suggest you to give her plenty of fluids like lemonade,buttermilk
Give curd,banana,rice porridge.

Watch for features of dehydration like decreased urine output/increased thirst/decrease skin turgor.

In case symotoms persist get her evaluated by pediatrician for further management.

Hope this helps.
God bless

2 users find this helpful